Thursday, June 05, 2008

Choking on dust bunnies

On Sunday, our air conditioner died. That's ok, we have a lovely attic fan that pulls in the outside air which was sticky, but bearable.

Then, on Monday, it rained and we had to close all those windows to a crack. It was so damp in the house, I was worried my books would curl and my guitar was completely out of tune.

On Wednesday, the roofers came. So our lovely attic fan was pulling in the humid air and a shit storm of dust, because roofing is not a clean business.

Wednesday afternoon, the air conditioning man arrived to save me. He twiddled, checked and replaced and voila, we had air.

I closed all the windows and stood still, breathing in the artificial smell of condensed cold air.

Lovely.

And then I looked at the table in my entryway.

On Thursday, I spent three hours chasing the dust bunnies, wrestling them to the ground and beating them into submission. It was a difficult task, but in the end, I owned those bitches!

Yeah, my life is sad...

No comments: