Friday, April 21, 2006

Mommy guilt no more

I have parted ways with the yet-to-be-named large tax prepartion company. It wasn't exactly the way I wanted it to go, but I still feel like a giant weight has been lifted from my neck.

I have been debating this move for so long, and now that it's here, I feel a little overwhelmed by all the OTHER things I can do with my time, such as swim lessons, tumbling class, play dates, mommy and me, Mother of Preschoolers meetings, for crying out loud the list goes on.

Of course you can count on massive amounts of chalk drawing on the sidewalk, playdoh and finger painting. That's just a given. But all the time I will get to spend with my own kid is just too scrumptious to consider.

I say all of this, yet just earlier tonight I tried to give him away to a nice older lady at Wal-Mart. I had groceries to retrieve, he had no nap and frankly, we just weren't getting along. Luckily she said "no thanks" because I'm pretty sure I would have felt guilty about it later.

No comments: