Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Holy nipple, Batman!

In the world of klutzes, I am a class A citizen. I have bumped, nicked or scraped every part of my shin at one point or another. Often my charming husband will say, "Where did you get that big bruise?" And my response will go something like this.."Where? What bruise? I have no idea!" I tend to veer when I walk, often bumping into walls, outcroppings or decorative items.

While I'm not proud of my clumsy tendnecies, they are part of who I am and make up all the charm that is Michele.

However, today I think I entered the realm of queen of klutz.

Picture this: I was enjoying a moment of respite while the ball-of-fire was napping so I took a hot, lathery shower (keep it clean, pervs) and decided to shave my legs. I'm bent over, shaving like mad, when suddenly I notice a thin stream of blood on my upper thigh. No biggie, I tend to nick myself now and then (or every fucking time, whatever).

I check my knees, no nicks. Check the ankle bones, no nicks. Nothing on the shin. What the fuck? Where is this blood coming from?

I stand up and suddenly notice a streak of blood on my left nipple. Yes, gentle readers, in my zealous quest for smoother-than-human legs, I nicked my nipple!

Now I know you're thinking to yourself -- or at least my friend Dawn is -- how the hell do you nick a nipple while shaving your legs. And the answer is, I have no idea!! What I do know is that it bled like a stuck pig.

I finished my shower and wrapped in a towel and tried to figure out a way to staunch the now life-threatening (No shit, it was a lot of blood) stream of blood. I snatched a box of band-aids from the cabinet only to find them ... empty. I rummaged around and pulled out the two-year old's favorite brand, slapped one on and left the bathroom.

As I was getting dressed, I caught a glimpse of the injured mammery in the mirror -- and laughed out loud. While a nicked nipple is not usually a laughing matter, you can't help but giggle when you find your nipple sporting a smart Superman band-aid. That's just funny, I don't care who you are!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to make some "sagging" comment, but nevermind.

Anonymous said...

Look... up in the sky... it's a bird... it's a plane...

Anonymous said...

ITS A NIPPLE!

Anonymous said...

lmao, almost 2 yrs to the day later I've done the exact same thing! Except I was shaving my underarms not my legs.. and its soo damn painful too!! Which is why I googled it and found your blog!!