Friday, December 28, 2007

Appendectoogoodgodme

Christmas around my house is always an interesting time. I'm the grinch, but I do my best to hide it so the ball of fire will get the most enjoyment of the season. So when I woke up crabby with a roiling stomach on Christmas morning, I chalked it up to my usual holiday cheer.

By Wednesday, the stomach was more than roiling, it was protesting, loudly and with vigor. When the roiling turned into a sharp pain in my right side, I knew things were not going well.

The hubby eventually convinced me to pay a friendly visit to the local emergency room, where it was soon discovered that my appendix no longer wanted to be part of the family. A few hours and a few well-placed cuts later, and we were soon parted.

I was left with three neat little holes, one through my once-beautifully-pierced belly button, to remind me that there are much worse things than Christmas that I could worry about. Next year, I'll just be thankful that everyone is healthy!

(Someone will need to remind me of this next year when I start bitching about the holidays..)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow girly!! I'm glad to hear you are better!! I was going to call you from our annual holiday concert last night (El Monstero - St. Louis version of Pink Floyd Tribute Band) to wish you a Happy Birthday, but it was so loud I couldn't hear myself talk. Anyway, Happy (Belated) Birthday!! I miss you and I "Wish You Were Here". Get better and maybe in '08 we can get a chance to spend a few minutes together again.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Maybe this will clear up the issues with you tummy! I guess you needed time off more than you thought!

Happy Belated Birthday!

Anonymous said...

What the heck?!

(Sorry to hear about the loss of your appendix! I hope you're feeling better!)

Stephanie said...

Ok, that is very deserving of an "ohgoodgod." Yikes. Glad everything turned out ok, surgery and all. Did you at least get good drugs?

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you had an appendix.

Did you bring it home in a jar? Because it could be awkward for the husband. Having to see this meaty organ that lived inside you all day and all night. But then, men with things to prove...