Monday, November 15, 2010

One list, two list, me and you list

I believe art comes in many forms -- writing, painting, music and photography to name of few.

For me, art is the perfect playlist.

I have arranged and rearranged my playlists from the first day I had my steely blue iPod. (Still the best gift ever.)

Before the iPod, it was the ever-appreciated mixed CD. I mixed and mashed my CDs and gave them away like candy. For me, that’s the other indisputable quality of art: It gives. Peace, joy, sadness, love, whatever suits you, it gives again and again.

Because the ball of fire and I like to bebop around the house sans TV, I always have music playing. When we are home, I have to use my BOF-appropriate playlists. For the longest time it was Aretha Franklin, then the Love album remix of the Beatles, lately Nora Jones.

This week I started one called the Lullaby League. Slow, sweet, mostly blues, heavy on the guitar and long on love. Blue Jean Blues by the Jeff Healey Band, Daydream by Robin Trower, some Sarah McLachlan, Nora (always), Starlight by Slash. And then a little John Mayer.

Because in our little world, lullabies are never just about babies in tree tops.


3 comments:

Ken said...

It's a little known fact, but all of John Mayer's songs are written by Richard Marx. Just so you know...

Michele said...

I used to love Richard Marx. Is that so wrong?

Ken said...

It's only wrong that you don't still love him.